Psych-Ed Assessment Services
Specialists in psychoeducational assessments
Helping to create conditions for academic success
Since 1990, Dr. Elisabeth Saunders and her team have been providing psychoeducational assessments for children, adolescents and students enrolled in post-secondary education.
Results of our assessments assist parents to support their children’s learning, including choosing the best available school program and, if indicated, tutors.
If parents give our report to their child’s school (we do not distribute our reports to anybody except to the parents unless requested to do so by parents), they contribute to the development of an Individual Education Plan (IEP), to arrangements of accommodations, program modifications, placement in the program for academically gifted students or other alternatives to the regular classroom placement, as appropriate.
Students enrolled in post-secondary education or about to enter a college or university can submit our report to their college’s/university’s Accessibility Services in order to access accommodations.
Results of our psychoeducational assessments can also support applications for accommodations when taking exams which are part of an application to medical school, law school and other graduate programs. In addition, they can also support applications for accommodations when taking licensing exams.
What is a psycho-educational assessment?
A psychoeducational assessment consists of an analysis of psychological aspects of learning and of academic skills.
Psychological aspects include:
- Language skills
- Working memory
- Verbal and Visual Learning
- Attention / Concentration
- Eye / Hand Coordination for paper - and - pencil tasks
- Planning Ability
- Reflective / Impulsive Response Style
- Time Management, Organizational Skills, Flexibility, Adaptability, (Executive Functioning)
Academic skills include:
- Reading (phonetic skills, sight vocabulary, reading comprehension)
- Mathematics (basic numerical operations, mathematical reasoning)
- Academic Fluency (speed of reading, writing, calculating)
- Listening Comprehension
- Oral Expressive Skills